Cards & More, Kit of the Month & some Mojo

This month is all about the beautiful new Chantilly papers from Close To My Heart. Here are the projects I'll be teaching in my Cards & More Club this week. (All supplies are listed at the end of this post.)


Two cards and this fun Easter treat holder. 



First is a standard A2 sized card for my Mojo Monday submission. Mojo Monday challenges are weekly card sketches that will inspire and help kick off your creative mojo for a card idea. This is what the sketch looks like...



The yellow bow on my card is made from strips of the new Chantilly Textiles cotton fabric. I simply tore along the fabric grain and formed frayed strips.



Tied two bows, one a little smaller than the other.



I put another strip down the card front. I love how you can see the pattern paper through the fabric. And how about that zipper trim? Don't you love it!



Using Fabri-Tac, I adhered the bows to the card, one on top of the other. Then a button with some embroidery floss tied into a bow.



I added some faux stitching with a white pigment pen (Signo) and then adhered three glitter gems.



Next is that fun Easter treat holder...


Since my daughter is a teenager, I thought this would be a fun more grown-up alternative to the Easter basket. This treat holder is 9 inches tall, so it can hold a good amount of candy or other surprises.



It started with this cut from the Cricut Artiste cartridge. (Pg. 61, 11 inches)



I created templates to cut these pattern paper triangles and adhered them to the box.



It will eventually fold up like this, but I kept it flat until I got most everything adhered to it.



These cuts are the compatible pieces to the box cut. If you cut them from your Cricut, just keep the settings the same and select this image. If you use Cricut Craft Room like I did, you'll have to change the size to 6.375". I managed to get seven from one 12 x 12 sheet. I could have gotten more, but I wanted to keep the direction of the paper the same.



After adhering those to the box, I made some templates for the top flaps and adhered them as shown. Now is the time to assemble the box. I used Scor-Tape for a strong hold.



Chipboard pieces are inked and covered with pattern paper, then this little bunny (Martha Stewart Crafts) is punched from White Daisy card stock. White embroidery floss attaches it to the box.



The floss comes around the back and is tied in a knot, then covered with a punched flower and some stamped Easter eggs.



Hollyhock Lace Zipper Trim is then adhered to the box. I used Beacon's 3-in-1 Glue. Nice and thick and holds just about anything.



As a finishing touch, I added tiny velcro dots to hold the box flaps down. I don't show a photo of it here, but I eventually threaded a long piece of seam binding ribbon through the side holes so I can hang the box on my daughter's door Easter morning. (After filling it with some Easter grass and treats, of course.)


The last card for Cards & More is my Stamp of the Month creation. You can view all the details on that card here.


Finally, my March Kit of the Month...

(Be sure to click on the image to get a better look.)



With these coordinating chipboard pieces and some sparkle gems, the pages really pop.


Thanks for stopping by today and hanging in there with this long post. I hope you give those Mojo Monday sketches a try, and get some of this great Chantilly paper to create something beautiful.


(Note: the Hollyhock Lace Zipper Trim that I used is currently unavailable, but will return to stock in April)


Comments

  1. Your chantilly projects definitely have me in the mood for Spring. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the zipper lace around the top of the box. Your artwork is always so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowww they are so lovely, glad I found your site, became a follower, have a lovely weekend, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com